I was delighted this afternoon when I found out that lovely blogger Kate from
had nominated me for a Liebster Award. This is a mega way for me to get to know other bloggers, divulge some shizzle about myself and be a big massive nosy parker. I thoroughly recommend that you mosey on over to Kate's blog, it's a beautiful mix of clothes, makeup and glorious, glorious Vienna (jealous don't cover it Kate!)
Thems the Rules:
1. Show your appreciation by linking back to the person who nominated you,
2. List 11 facts about yourself (optional),
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you,
4. Nominate another 11 blogs, preferably with under 200 followers, to pass the award on to
5. Compile 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Notify the bloggers whom you have nominated.
1. What made you start blogging?
I’ve always loved writing, I find myself getting stupidly carried away with it in all elements of my life: Sending texts, writing far too much in birthday cards (even when I barely know the person, I can’t just put Happy Birthday, it seems like a terrible waste of space) Despite this, I’ve never just sat and written. I started a book about a baked bean, it’s actually very funny (BRrrRaaa-BrrRRrRrraa, that’s my own trumpet being blown) but then I got bored because of my tiiiiiiny little attention span (I’m like a cocker spaniel). Then about a year ago, I was looking for outfit inspiration, being a tall person with fat parts, it’s really difficult visualising the clothes from most shops on my own body. This is when I found the world of plus size blogging and fatshion, more specifically, The ramblings of Mrs BeBe and A rose LikeThis. I found myself thinking THEYRE JUST LIKE ME! (The only difference being that these women are gorgeous, interesting and INTELLIGENT) The way they put their words and pictures together is extremely inspiring, and I’ve actually noticed my thinking change, very much for the better. So all this time down the line I thought, I might as well give it a bash, even if it’s just so my Mum knows that I’m not always in bed by 7pm….
2. What's your ideal holiday destination?
Seville, Seville, SEVILLE. Seville’s all right I suppose…..
I’m thoroughly a city girl, I can’t stand sand and am an “English Rose” (Read: Pasty as f*ck) so don’t leave me anywhere in the sunshine or I will expire swiftly (In Valencia, I dragged myself along the floor by my nails to be near water…) Seville is a gorgeous place. I LOVE it. I will say no more or I’ll not stop. Ever.
3. Who is your style inspiration?
Hnnnggghhhh this is a hard one…In an ideal world, I would be in the 60s, on a moped, going to the seaside for fish and chips. So I’m going to say Francoise Hardy – The legs, the clothes, THE HAIR.
For old school glamour – Elizabeth Taylor because PHWOAR
Current inspirations: Gizzi Erskine, she can do glam, casual and vintage without her beehive even flinching. Kate Jackson from the Long Blondes is incredible, she mixes it all up so well, pencil skirts with band t-shirts, neckscarves and berets with leopardprint. Love it.
4. Answer the door in a PJs with full face of make up, or dressed and no make up?
PJs with full makeup. Because my pjs have rabbits on and are adorable.
5. Favourite beauty product?
Does Dry shampoo count as a beauty product? You know what? I don’t care anyway. BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME AND I’M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY THIS.
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Oh gosh, I’ll be OLD. Hopefully in a bigger house (I dream of having more bedrooms than cats) and moderately less destitute. Beyond that; as long as my family and friends are healthy and happy, I’m sure wherever I am will be just grand.
7. TOWIE or MIC?
This is a good question. It used to be MIC because I’m right proper classy. Now its TOWIE because I fancy Mario Falcone an unfeasible amount. He’s a terrible, terrible man but something about the way he looks makes me all pathetic and a bit stupid around the edges.
8. What's your favourite item of clothing?
Another very hard one indeed. Probably my white sequined waterfall jacket from River Island that I got for £8 by accident. Saying that, I can’t currently force my bingo wings into it….SO I’ll say my lace-sleeved, collared, backless black playsuit from Topshop. Even if last time I wore it I flashed an entire KFC….
9. Are you a morning or night person?
I’m generally awake at 7 and in bed by 10. But I wouldn’t say I was either. I probably make moderately more sense in the morning….
10. Favourite all time book?
Incendiary by Chris Cleave, The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson or anything at all by Jo Nesbo (He could snot on a tissue and I would read it)
11. What's your favourite nail polish colour?
I love pastel green ones at the mo, I have a fabulous textured one by Barry M. Otherwise I love Revlon for lasting power and Collection 2000 for price.
I dont have 11 facts about myself. If I did, that would be my blog for the rest of the year...
SO, I now have to nominate some bloggerers, MY NOMINEES ARE:
Of course there are no obligations but I like the cut(s) of your gib(s) and want to know more!
And here are your questions:
1. What is your favourite subject to blog about?
2. If you could do any job, what would it be?
3. What are your three desert island discs? (SORRY, I'd go loopy if someone asked me this...)
4. What is your favourite memory?
5. If you were a small animal, what would you be?
6. If you were a LARGE animal, what would you be?
7. Who is your role model?
8. What reaaaaally winds you up and why?
9. What is your tipple of choice?
10. What are you wearing right now (I'm not a pervet, Honest)